Back to the Future. Enjoy Today.
It’ll Be Alright.
pop quiz: the lyric above is from what song and artist? clue: super monsters with a sprinkling of stardust.
Back in 1985, on back to the future day, I was a fresh-faced graduate starting out in a career in chemicals; who could have predicted the alternate reality that is today?!
In 1985, I
- had never stood on a pair of skis.
- hadn’t met most of the people who today I call friends.
- was living and working my first proper job near Manchester.
- never gave a thought to what my world would look like in 2015.
- I love skiing and have booked a ski touring course with the AACUK in Ischgl this coming season.
- A series of events, involving brothers and houses, mean I need friends more than ever; has anyone got a spare bed?!
- am attempting to describe my status as semi-retired.
- I don’t want to think about what my world will look like in 2045.