Eight Reasons to Visit Alpbachtal in the Spring.
The Sun Always Shines.
pop quiz: the lyric above is from what song and artist? clue: Alan Partridge fans were on TV in the 80s.
With the European ski season pretty much over my guest blogger, Clare Hislop of Haus Hislop in Alpbachtal encourages us to explore her adopted home in the Spring.
Clare is originally from Yorkshire and made her home in Inneralpbach many years ago; she has stunning apartments that are sparklingly clean, well equipped and very comfortable. Book with Clare and you can be assured of a truly memorable trip all year round.
Over to Claire…
The sun is already shining most days; Alpbachtal in the Spring is truly a spectacular place to visit. The landscape is a rich tapestry of pastures and forests, clear lakes and high snow peaks that combine to make this the most unspoilt surroundings in central Europe.
Austria is Alpine walking at its finest – once tried you’ll be smitten and be in love for life.
- The mountains are quiet, tranquil and peaceful. With very few tourists about you can wander all day and the most you will encounter will be cows, goats and the odd tractor.
- The climate is perfect; long sunny days, but not too hot. Great weather for walking in the mountains or simply getting out and about in T-shirts.
- Nature is at its best. You can be surrounded by spring flowers in lush meadows, you can hear bird song in the trees and witness new life and growth all around.
- Alpbachtal is a rural community where the coming of Spring is an important time. There is a multitude of events around the region where you can be assured of a warm welcome.
- The mountains are a brilliant playground. The adventurous can try a high ropes course, canyoning, tubing, paragliding and much more. Alternatives include horse riding, fishing, golf, swimming and much, much more.
- Outside the ski season flights are still available from most parts of the UK and are cheap.
- Every guest gets an Alpbachtal Seenland Card. Offering discounts and free entry to many local tourist attractions including the Reith gondola.
- For those with ski withdrawal symptoms. All year round skiing is available on the glacier about an hour’s drive away.
What are you waiting for? Alpbachtal awaits.
If you don’t want to miss any of my blog posts on the latest ski offers, news and information; you should obviously make sure you sign up for Ski Alerts. We will not share your data with others and will only send you about 2 emails a month.