Yeah, There’s Paula on my Left Arm.
pop quiz: the lyric above is from what song and artist? clue: originally it was Flo on the left, but, I guess, the lads at the seaside made it more state-side friendly with Paula.
Mike and Paul, a couple of friends of ours, run a small walking holiday company. In summer they offer walking holidays in the ‘winter ski resorts’ of ‘Chamonix‘ and ‘the Dolomites‘. On their holidays in the French Alps, Paula does the all the cooking so her recipe book is bulging. I’ve taken a few of her favourites to share.
These goat cheese and red onion parcels make a great starter or a super meal for vegetarians.
Easy Recipes for Dinner are very important to Paula when she is catering for large numbers of hungry walkers.
Goat Cheese & Red Onion Parcel Ingredients.
- Packet of Filo Pastry
- Jar Red Onion marmalade
- 25 gram soft Goat Cheese log, for each parcel
- Walnuts, chopped
- Fresh Thyme leaves, removed from sprigs
- Lemon zest
- Cooking Oil
How to Make Goat Cheese & Red Onion Parcels.
For each parcel…
- Cut a large sheet of filo pastry into four equal pieces, square-ish.
- Brush the top of each pastry square with a little oil, then stack (oil-side down), rotating each slice so that you get pointed edges.
- Place a teaspoon of red onion marmalade onto the centre of the pastry and top with a 25 gram slice of goat cheese followed by a few chopped walnuts, some fresh thyme leaves, a little lemon zest and some seasoning.
- Pinch together the pastry corners to envelop the cheese; making a parcel.
- Place the parcels on a baking tray and cook for 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven, 200oC.
Serve immediately. If a starter; with a few salad leaves. If a veggie main; make larger and serve with rosti-potatoes and green veg or salad.