Two Minute Tooth Brush Tone Up | Left Windmill Arm Stretches.
You Put Your Left Arm In.
pop quiz: the lyric above is from what song and artist? clue: a traditional lyric done non-traditionally by the kings of Christmas.
Three days into your ski holiday and you wish, more than anything else, that you’d managed to find more time to develop your core strength. So, get yourself an electric tooth brush with a two minute timer, or a simple kitchen timer, or your phone, and start windmill arm stretches as part of my ‘two minute tooth brush tone up’ series, today; twice a day, every day.
Windmill Arm Stretches.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold your left arm straight out at shoulder height.
- Brush your teeth with your right hand.
- With the palm facing backwards, circle your shoulder forwards for one minute and then backwards for one minute.
Tone Up Technique for Windmill Arm Stretches.
- It’s your shoulder, not your arm, wrist or hand that you’re exercising; focus on movement up, back, down, forward in your shoulder (or up, forward, down, back).
- Your hand should move in a circle about the size of a football.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed, head up tall, back straight.
- Keep your stomach in and pelvis down.
Developing Your Core Strength.
Now, I’m not saying this series of exercises is enough, but at least four minutes a day; you do brush your teeth at least twice a day don’t you?; done every day, at a time when you’re usually just staring at yourself in the mirror and trying to decide whether or not you are getting wrinkles, has got to be better than nothing. Look out for more Two Minute Tooth Brush Tone Up exercises.
pop trivia: “You put your left arm in” is, of course, the Okey Cokey, but did you know Slade did a version? Released as an attempt at the 1979 Christmas Number One, it failed!
In order not to miss any of my blog posts on the latest ski offers, news and information; you should obviously make sure you sign up for Ski Alerts. Your data will not be shared with others and will only send you about 2 emails a month.