Another Perfect Wonder. Where it’s so White as Snow.
pop quiz: the lyric above is from what song and artist? clue: plenty of scovilles on a utopian arena tour.
When your ski season is over for another year, but you are missing the sight of snow, the answer might be to watch a movie. I am sure that many of the movies that feature snow probably get it made for them on a back-lot in Hollywood. But, if you can suspend your belief systems, of both the snow and the storylines, you can curl up on the sofa and enjoy a good, or bad, snow day movie.
- The Day After Tomorrow – 2004 – Climate change goes really badly.
- Ice Age – 2002 – Climate change first time around.
- Frozen – 2010 – No, not that one. The one where three losers get stuck on a ski lift.
- 30 Days of Night – 2007 – A whole month with no vitamin D.
- Frozen – 2013 – Yes, that one. Let it Go!
- Cliffhanger – 1993 – Stallone to the rescue, perhaps he is part of the Tracy family.
- The Grey – 2011 – Howling like a wolf may not save you.
- Fargo – 1996 – Blackmailing your father-in-law. What could possibly go wrong?
- Alive – 1993 – …but I’m a vegetarian!
- The Thing – 1982 – Volunteering for the Antarctic Survey was never a good idea.