Porkkanalaatikko appears on most traditional Finnish festive tables and is traditional carrot casserole with rice cooked in milk or cream and topped with breadcrumbs. I sampled this delight when on a trip to seek the Northern lights and to ski in Finland. Whilst the Finnish version of carrot casserole is OK as a fairly ‘solid’ side dish, I prefer my carrots a bit spicier and my casserole with a bit more liquid. So, my carrot casserole has a bit more of a nod to Morocco than Lapland.
- Alps ApresSki Austria AvalancheKit BackCountry BlackRun Chamonix Cheese ChristmasGifts Courchevel Covid19 Fieberbrunn Finland FoamRoller France Freeride Goggles InjuryPrevention Ischgl Lapland Mayrhofen Mens MountainFood Norway OnTheSnow Oscars PaulasRecipes Recipe SkiFitness Snowboarding Socks Switzerland Thule Tirol ToothBrushToneUp Tshirt TwoMinute USA USSkiTeam ValdIsere Vegetarian WarrenMiller Womens Zermatt ZoomWithABrew
The Best Ski-ING
- Val Gardena Ski Resort Guide.
Aside from bars and restaurants, you can try the 6km toboggan run or visit the ice rink for skating or curling. The more adventurous can try their […]
- Piste Map Salen in Sweden.
SkiStar Sälen consists of four ski areas each with its own piste map: Lindvallen, Högfjället, Tandådalen and Hundfjället.
- Ski Dimension Ski Resort Review.
Ski Dimension is a very popular Ski Resort, but it is not known as Ski Dimension; signage and tourist info calls it, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis.
- Driving to Ski Resorts; Destination Austria.
Many are considering whether air travel is going to be a good idea, hence the idea of driving to ski resorts is being thrown around.
- The Ski Slopes of South Korea.
The Winter Olympics in PyeongChang in 2018 led to a lot of investment in ski resorts; so now is the time to add South Korea list.